Monday, September 16, 2013

Mind in the gutter

Attended a class that affirmed my thought that;
A. People fear what they don't understand
B. A sample doesn't represent a population 
C. Educated people can be narrow minded and shallow in defining certain issues
D. Most of us are sheep that follow a shepherd command or views without depth 

My lecturer shared his views and said that he was a part of a body that was responsible in curbing the growing issue of LGBT 6 years ago. The way he explained his roles as well as how they approached the matter saddened me a lot. I felt so uncomfortable sitting in the class and looking at everyone nodding in agreement to whatever he said. I have the sinking feeling that some idiots in the class might propose to do a class project of creating awareness by highlighting the negative of this sexual orientation.

I don't know how things will get better if our future educators and those who deemed themselves educated think that LGBT is all about SEX.

3 comments:

  1. People only what accept information that they are comfortable with, besides if they have said something event if they wanted to, the whole class might label him/her or be against him/her, for the whole semester or year him/her there. Its not their fault really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was uncomfortable sitting in that class. Plus I did have the same train of thought as you did, I might be shunned the whole semester, 14 weeks of sitting in class with people glaring and talking behind your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I would just sleep ... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete