Saturday, September 21, 2013

I am living a lie

I still remember the first lie I told my mum and dad. I lied to them that the teacher did not give my report card for previous mid term examination. She did, I hid the report card from my parents and extend my lie to my teacher saying that I lost the report card and I paid for a new one. All because I failed my math (hate numbers).
But there are things that I wish I can share with my mum and sisters, like the day my ex broke my heart, or the day that I tendered my resignation to pursue a different path. And the real reason why I am going to Sarawak for a week. 
Last week, when driving my mum around, she asked about my ex, "is she well, is she engaged to be married, why doesn't she call and keep in touch with the family". I looked at my mum and smiled, "Mak, she is busy with her thesis, and this is her final year, she did text and said hi". It was a very calm and collected response but the truth was I wanted to reply "I told her not to keep in touch with the family because she dumped me and broke my heart". 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh sedihnya.. well what doesn't kill you make you stronger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true!! Honestly it is in the past. I was quite taken by my mother that she still remember my ex and care enough to ask how she is doing.

      Delete