Monday, September 2, 2013

An interesting encounter

Yesterday, after a long day of doing nothing productive, I went to Putrajaya Maritime Center, just to check out the pool. Not that I can swim anyway, I felt the need to submerge my aching body in the water and enjoy the moment. I did few rounds of what my swimming instructor taught me in the previous training session at least  with some improvement. As I was about to call it a day, I saw this person was trying to get out of the pool but he slipped, automatically I said "Be careful". He looked at me and smiled. Instead of going through with his intention to exit the pool, he swam a bit and struck a conversation with me, asking me my name, where I work and even my age. I told him my age, he doesn't seem to mind for me being older than him, it didn't stop him from continuing the conversation. I shared with him that I can't swim, and he started to give me encouragement to really try and swim because for him swimming is a good exercise. I noticed from the corner of my eye, that his companion was observing our conversation and looked at me with a smile. He glanced to his companion and she signaled him it was time to go. Before he left, he reminded me to come again next week because he wants to teach me how to swim.There and then I thought that was a very sweet gesture and kinda cute as well. 

So I will mark on my calender next Saturday or Sunday, I will have a date with Mukhriz, a 9 year old boy who wants to teach me how to swim. 

He looked back and waved at me with a smile holding his mother's hand as he walked away from the pool. 

2 comments: