Thursday, December 26, 2013

Gutless

I went out last Tuesday and met with a friend. She was a junior of mine in uni years and I did have this fascination of just looking at her every time she was around the college,with her short hair and blue football jersey.  We went out for coffee and started talking about our good old days and what we have been up to for the past 13 years (we haven't seen each in other in 13 years). It was an interesting meeting, sitting in front of me was this sweet young lady compared to the bubbly sport fanatic girl whom I would see riding her bike to class each day without fail. She controlled most of her conversation, her poised, her gesture, and even her laugh, which I do wonder why. And to my surprise, according to her, I am the only lesbian friend she has even though she is gay.  The conversation lasted for 2 hours, and I told her that I did find her attractive when she was my junior and I how I wished I had the gut to just sit next to her and struck a conversation instead of admiring from afar. I was gutless then and I  am still gutless now... or perhaps I am avoiding rejection. Excuses, excuses, excuses..... meeting more people, need to rethink my stand.

2 comments: