Monday, November 4, 2013

Friends

Last night a close friend called and informed me that his mother has passed away. When he broke the news to me, I felt tears trickled down my cheeks, and I felt the need to be there for him and hug him and tell him everything will be fine.  It was around 8.00 p.m. and it was raining, and I didn't have any mean of transportation to travel back to Seremban because my car is currently in the workshop. I cried so hard last night, and I send a voice note to a friend, whom I befriended 3 weeks ago. Giving her circumstances she drove to pick me up and send me back to Seremban. We had a minor disagreement, because she cares and she was worried of my well being and me being stubborn and worried about her well being in return.

I went to my friend's house, I saw the sadness in his eyes as he smiled and he hugged me, and whispered to me, "Thank you for being here, thank you so much". And throughout that night even for just 1 hour, I stood by his side, and sometimes he hold my hand and I squeezed back as a gentle reminder "I am here for you". 

To my friend whom I befriended 3 weeks ago, proved to me that a little bit of kindness really can go a long way. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment